Hope CommUnity Center depends on volunteers! In 2015,
968 HCC volunteers provided 63,000 hours of service to the
Hope CommUnity Center is dedicated to the empowerment of Central Florida’s immigrant and working poor communities through Education, Advocacy and Spiritual Growth.
Take a look at our Areas of Service below.
Is anything calling your name? Call or e-mail our Volunteer Coordinator, the always friendly Lynn Devanie, at 407-880-4673, ext 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Lynn will help find the perfect spot for you!
Areas of Service
- Volunteers needed to do data entry, filing, typing, and various clerical duties that are critical for every one of our programs and projects.
College Access Program:
- Volunteers needed to help students write essays for college applications, fill out FAFSA forms, research grants and other sources of financial aid, research career and research career opportunities. We also need occasional chaperones for college visits.
- Bilingual Licensed Mental Health Counselor and/or Licensed Social Worker.
- Volunteers needed to help organize and run various fundraising events to help sustain programs and scholarships.
- After school at Apopka High School and Wekiva High School
- Middle School students
- Elementary School students
- Literacy in basic reading and writing
Other opportunities for individuals or groups:
- Chaperoning for various programs during the year
- Parking attendants
And if you have an idea that isn’t listed, please get in touch to talk about it!
Lynn Devanie, Volunteer Coordinator
407-880-4673 ext 222 email@example.com
Volunteer Information Form
(It is helpful if you fill this out before getting in touch with Volunteer Coordinator, but it’s okay if you’d like to wait until after you’ve made contact.)
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Web Contact Form: New Entry’]
[contact-field label=’First Name (and Middle%26#x002c; if desired)’ type=’name’ required=’1’/]
Last Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/]
Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/]
Primary Phone’ type=’text’/]
Which HCC program(s) are you interested in? What draws you to volunteer with HCC? ‘ type=’textarea’/]
Which of your talents%26#x002c; skills%26#x002c; formal or informal training%26#x002c; or certifications would you like to use? ‘ type=’textarea’/]
Past volunteer experiences’ type=’textarea’/]
Are you able to provide two references now (in this space) or before you begin volunteering?’ type=’textarea’/]
What is a good time to contact you? ‘ type=’text’/]
Thank you for your interest in Hope CommUnity Center!