Open Position: Development Director
Reporting to Hope’s Leadership Team, the Development Director oversees and is responsible for all aspects of fundraising for a $1.2 million budget and meeting Hope’s annual fundraising goals. Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and support in donor identification, cultivation and solicitation (including researching, strategizing, and meeting with major individual and corporate donors)
- Coordination and implementation of fundraising events and stewardship efforts
- Oversight and maintenance of the organization’s database (GiftWorks)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Gift invoicing, processing, and data input
- Prospect research, and resourcing planned giving
- Responding to donor inquiries
- Preparation of personal letters/invitations/gifts acknowledgements
- Maintaining donor files
Hope CommUnity Center offers a supportive and collaborative work environment, and a generous salary and benefits package. The successful candidate for this position must have a LOVE for people, understand and connect deeply with HCC’s social justice vision and mission, be organized, demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, be knowledgeable regarding online and social media marketing and fundraising, and be a collaborative team player with a strong work ethic. 3-5 years of related experience in a non-profit organization required.
Submit cover letter and resume to Mary Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your submission materials, include number of years and level of experience in development, history of results, educational/professional development achievements, and salary requirements. Please submit as well a written statement – 1 to 2 pages – describing your personal vision, experience and commitment to social justice and the poor.